Sunday, July 14, 2024
Home Industry Court retrial planned for Dave Lee Travis

Court retrial planned for Dave Lee Travis

by RadioToday UK
0 comment

Former Radio 1 presenter Dave Lee Travis will face a retrial on charges a jury failed to reach decisions on at his recent sex abuse trial.

The Crown Prosecution Service said another hearing is schedule to take place on 28th March.

DLT was found not guilty earlier this month of 12 counts of indecent assault.

However, the jury at Southwark Crown Court was unable to reach a verdict on the two outstanding charges.

Judge Anthony Leonard told DLT: “You are to return to this court on the 28th March. You are re-admitted to bail as before.”

Speaking outside the court this morning, DLT said “All I can say is that this whole thing started when I was 67 and I just hope it’s going to end by the time I am 80.”

No date has been set for the two-week retrial.

You may also like

Soledad is the Best Newspaper and Magazine WordPress Theme with tons of options and demos ready to import. This theme is perfect for blogs and excellent for online stores, news, magazine or review sites. Buy Soledad now!

u00a92022 Soledad, A Media Company – All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by Penci Design